Assignment 16a
What’s Your Secret
Sauce
Firstly, I feel that I am different from others in the way I
think. I am able to think rationally and logically about almost everything.
Applying a step by step method to all my thoughts and decisions allows me to
feel as though I am constantly making the right decision about everything.
Being able to think this way allows me to also evaluate the consequences of my
actions and really understand what will happen if I do a certain action.
Next, I believe that the fact that I was raised
bi-culturally, having both European and American cultures instilled within me,
is something that not many people have. Not only do I have both cultures but
also both languages in addition to a third language: French, English, and
Spanish. Having all these cultural perspectives allows me to empathize and
understand a wider range of individuals.
Emotionally, I feel as though I am able to control my emotions
properly and really separate them from my decisions I make. I’m not saying I
don’t have emotions, but I do tend to be reserved and keep them to myself
rather than express them because I don’t think it is necessary for the world to
know what I’m thinking or feeling at all times.
Due to my ability to logically think, I do feel as though my
mathematical skills are pretty high. I love having to problem solve and end up
getting the right answer. Being able to apply a step by step process to a math
problem and finally achieving a right answer is an amazing feeling for me. Ever
since I was young, I was more inclined in the STEM subjects over reading and
writing. I feel that they suited my thought process a lot more.
Finally, although I am reserved and don’t show my emotions a
whole lot, I do feel that I am good at knowing when the right time is to show
them as well as empathizing with people. I feel that individuals today have a
hard time empathizing with others because they are so focused in their own lives
and don’t really care how others feel. I feel that having this skill to really
be able to feel what others feel sets me apart from the crowd as well.
Soundcloud link to playlist: https://soundcloud.com/user-160891766/sets/entrepreneurship-whats-your-2
Interview #1: Jonah, roommate and good friend
In this Interview Jonah speaks
about my thought process and how he feels that I am able to really calculate
every decision I make and how I think things through thoroughly. He says that I
am able to stop myself from reacting based on impulse.
Interview #2: Eloise, my sister
Eloise Speaks about how I am able to apply any knowledge I
have about a certain subject to my daily life. She says that I try to
understand everything and add any knowledge I have into my thinking.
Interview #3: Helene, my mother (done in French but
translated)
In this interview, my mom says that I am a good person, but
I can be very judgmental. She says that I am also vengeful of others when they
do something bad to me and that I will always remember what they did to me.
Interview #4: Tristan, my father
He speaks about me being bicultural and having three
languages. He also talks about how I can be hard on myself at times and criticize
what I do deeply, but also that I am dedicated and determined in what I do.
Interview #5: Steven, roommate and good friend
He talks about how I think everything thoroughly, deeply and
logically. He also talks about how I can make decisions objectively and using reason
rather than my emotions.
After listening to each interview, I feel that the way I
perceive myself and how others perceive me is quite similar. Most of them said
that I am reserved when it comes to my emotions just as I said but that I think
logically and analyze situations deeply before making decisions. I feel as
though everything they said is something I had thought of myself as well. The
only difference I can tell is how I believe I can empathize with others and how
my mom believes that I am vengeful. This means that I can sometimes let my
emotions take over and I don’t care what the other persons’ situation is, I
just want my revenge for what they did. I do believe that they are all right in
what they say about me but I would not go back and change my original list because
I think it reflects what they said pretty well.
Guillaume, I think you definitely have some good human capital. You conducted some brilliant interviews and got some solid information from them. I think you definitely have some great skills that will be very valuable in the workplace. I think the ability to speak 3 languages is definitely one of them. I think that says a lot about you in itself. I think it is also good that you are good at STEM subjects.
ReplyDeleteGuillaume, I can definitely relate to some of the points you made about your human capital. As a first-generation American I totally understand where you're coming from when it comes to growing up with more than one culture. Also, as someone who is bilingual, I too see it as a strength that will only help in the professional world. I found what your father said about you very relatable as well. I have been also told that I can be too hard on myself especially when it comes to something like failure.
ReplyDelete