Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Assignment 11a - Napkin Idea #1


Assignment 11a
Idea Napkin #1

1.     You: My name is Guillaume Bourgoignie. I am from the multicultural city of Miami and have a multicultural background myself with parents from Belgium and France. This city is one of many who have been taken over by this habit of vaping and the use of nicotine products. This gave me a wide range of knowledge and experiences from a first-person point of view on the problem I am addressing. Personally, I see myself as an extremely competitive and determined individual. Although I sometimes have difficulty thinking outside the box and usually stick to my specific set of principles, my logical thinking often times is what helps me out. If I were to start this business and really believe in its possible impact on our society, I feel that I would dedicate a majority of my efforts into it, especially if it starts to become successful and work effectively. I am someone who likes to see the results of their project so if I start it, I will take it the distance.
2.     What are you offering the customers: The service I am proposing to my customers consists of helping them getting over their bad habit of vaping and being addicted to nicotine products. This is a problem that has taken over our society recently and many are having trouble getting over such an addiction. This service would support them and motivate them to stop by providing them help and knowledge on such activities.
3.     Who are you offering it to: I am offering this service to pretty much anyone who is addicted or who is having trouble giving up the habit of vaping and who feel that they can use some support in doing so. Although the majority of the individuals who use this product are a young demographic, between the ages of 16 and 23, there are many individuals outside of that who need support as well.
4.     Why do they care: These individuals care because this addiction poses a serious health risk for them. Recently, the FDA has released documents showing the proof of how vapes affect one’s body and lungs. Over the last few months, vape related lung diseases have surfaced and on top of that, there have been 17 confirmed deaths caused by it. IF people don’t take action and stop this addiction, their health is at serious risk of deteriorating.
5.     What are your core competencies: As I said before, I am someone who is extremely competitive and determined. My logical thinking really helps me problem solve at times and properly assess situations. Being from such a multicultural city with a multicultural background, I have the ability to relate to a wide variety of individuals with different cultural backgrounds and understand them.

After thinking about each element and going through each of them, I feel that they do fit together well. There is a specific problem with a specific goal to achieve and a specific target group. The only area which I feel would need to be worked on more thoroughly is what are the specificities of the service that will be provided and how deep the service will be for each individual. Obviously, experts would need to explain to me how to effectively get someone to stop a bad habit or addiction but once a plan is set, this service could workout well if it has the right outreach.

2 comments:

  1. Guillaume, I think that you did a great job in explaining your product. The thing that stands out to me is that you are competitive and determined. That is the exact kind of person that is needed to help someone that is struggling with addiction. I know if I needed help getting away from addiction, I would go to someone with a work ethic like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe your skills and your idea go hand and hand. Which makes the idea likely to work out. The fact is determination is needed. As you said before this is a serious matter and for people wanting to experience a life change. Though not all people are willing to give in, and for those who do is hard.

    ReplyDelete