Assignment 12a
Sketching out
the beginning of the Buyer Behavior Process
For this assignment, I chose to focus on the market segment
of college students who are currently addicted to the use of vapes on a daily
basis. I interviewed one of my roommates who uses vapes regularly and two other
individuals who I met while walking around campus and spotted them using a
vape. I started by asking each of them when they started using such products.
Each of them gave me a time frame of between 1 to 3 years ago. I followed up by
asking them about their habits. One of them told me that he usually begins his
day by craving the nicotine first thing in the morning and ends the day with it
as well. The others say their cravings for the nicotine are more subtle but
really come out when they are going out. They said that their they have come to
realize that their addictions are detrimental to their health, especially after
the findings of what it does to your health were released. One said that while
playing sports, he really feels its affects and is getting more worried because
he has developed a cough which he feels could be related to it. Out of the
three individuals, only one has attempted to quit but it was unsuccessful. He
said that it was hard since his friends would vape around him and he would
always end up getting reintroduced to them. The other two said that they would
love to quit and having a support base would be helpful. When searching up
about their addictions and how it would be effective for them to quit, they all
seemed to find a dead end at nicotine patches and replacing their addictions
and can’t find any other effective methods. They try to focus on the information
the FDA and experts give them since they know it’s credible, however, it is
still not enough. They feel that it is really matter of trusting the
information you are given and feeling the effectiveness of the methods being
used. If they don’t see results fast enough and they still crave the substance,
then they are bound to going back to vaping. After listening to these
interviews, I can tell this is a market segment which is looking for solutions
but can’t find one that provides them with sufficient results. They need to be
motivated by individuals who really know what they are doing and be provided
with methods that will give them results in the fastest possible amount of
time. They seem to really base their search on the credibility of the
information and the depth of it. Although they are aware of the health risks
and the need to end this habit, they still have trouble in coming over the hump
of their addiction.
I can see based on your interviews that there is an opportunity at work. People want to try to stop vaping but can't or don't know how. What I can gather is that there is no system at play to help them stop. There many factors for and not against it. Unlike other things like cigarettes.For cigarettes there infomercials on national tv, patches, and even seminars.
ReplyDeleteGuillaume, I think you hit on a very interesting point during the conclusion of your post. You identify that your target demographic are looking for answers/information on how to quit but are not finding enough information. I think this is a key observation as it proves the need is out there and your service can fill that need. Another key part of your conclusion is the fact that you also found that they value speed as a part of the quitting process. This can factor into how you advertise or structure your rehab process for your clients.
ReplyDelete