Sunday, December 1, 2019

Assignment 30a - Final Reflection


Assignment 30a
Final Reflection

Looking back at the experiences from this semester, there are several defining ones which have really helped develop an entrepreneurial mindset for me. I think that performing the elevator pitches several times, presenting our ideas was an incredibly formative assignment. Although it may not be used for the same purpose as presenting an idea, the skills learned from this assignment in how one should organize a pitch and present themselves is incredibly important in today’s society.
The experience that I will remember years later would be the whole process of coming up with a concrete business idea which can be applied to today’s society and going deeper and deeper into it. It’s crazy how it started from a simple problem that we experienced, and we were able to come up with incredible ideas and ways which can solve such problems.
The most joyous experience would be connecting with the people I interviewed. When I interviewed someone, and we were able to connect based on the same problem and come to a full understanding really made the whole process easier and more enjoyable. These people really gave true and valuable insight into their experiences which will serve greatly in forming the business and organizing it. Coming up with common ideas with others to solve a common problem is a great feeling, especially when it is to help people.
The experience I am most proud of accomplishing would also be completing such interviews. It is not easy to go up to strangers and ask them questions about addictions or business concepts. Developing the confidence in such skills is a great accomplishment for me.
I can firmly say that I have adopted the entrepreneurial mindset. The reason I believe this is because I feel a strong personal connection to the idea I came up with and developed this semester. I feel that this is the feeling that every entrepreneur gets when they create their business and it is only the beginning for me. The whole creative process and developing has allowed me to gain the skills and knowledge necessary into becoming a true entrepreneur.
For future students, I recommend that they really pay attention and apply what they learn in the lectures into the experiences and assignments. Time management and commitment is important. If these two things aren’t at a high level, then this class won’t be as beneficial as it should be for you. In order to foster the mindset, I say to really get a sense of belief for the idea you make and back it 100%. If they are able to do that, they will experience the feelings and ideas of entrepreneurs.



1 comment:

  1. Guillaume, after reading your final reflection I can say that I too found the process of writing out a plan for our business ideas to be very interesting. Like you mentioned, the fact that we were able to take a simple idea that solved a problem and grow it into a business plan all in a couple of weeks is really amazing. I think it shows that we all have grown an entrepreneurial mindset that has enabled us to look at the world differently.

    ReplyDelete