Assignment 25a
What’s Next?
Existing Market
Up next for my venture would be to branch out into other
addictions. This could go for certain drugs or alcohol. Since we’d have the
resources geared towards fighting addictions, changing the type of addiction we
are combatting wouldn’t be a major shift.
Interviews:
The first person I interviewed said
that we should try to create a product as a replacement for the vape so that
people can use that to help them get over their addiction. When I told them
about my plans, they said that they can see how it would work and that it would
make my business expand greatly.
The next person I interviewed said
that we should try to also make the service more personal at times and provide
private consultations. When asked about other addictions, they said that it
could work but that it would add lots of competition.
Finally, the last person I
interviewed said that we should try to collaborate with high schools and colleges
and make the business centered around that. Then I asked about branching out to
other addictions and they said that it would need lots of different specialists
and it could be logistically very hard to accomplish.
Based on the feedback received, I
feel that the best idea would be to make the service more personal. As I’ve
explained, I want a concept where I am creating a community in which
individuals can go to for help and motivation. However, some individuals need
that extra knowledge and expertise provided by someone qualified and giving
them that attention would make them feel really cared for.
In addition, this would not require
much change to the business model, simply adding an extra layer and service
geared towards a more private experience. Not only would this give individuals
more focused help, it would really make us competitors against private practitioners
who won’t have the resources required to compete. This new fold to the business
could really open up new areas and directions to go in.
New Market
A new target market
would be large research corporations or even the government. My venture could
be valuable to people in this market because not only could we be helping
individuals get over their addictions, we could conduct research in the
behavior as well as the affects of nicotine products and transfer them to such
organizations.
Interviews:
The first
person I interviewed said that it is a strong possibility that we could be able
to conduct research, facilitating it for the government. In addition, they said
it would be better since customers would feel more comfortable in an
environment they trust. However, he said that it could also backfire if
customers feel like they are the lab rats so he suggests making a different
division independent of the service.
The next
person I interviewed said that it could be a hard thing to do because we wouldn’t
have resources and experts geared to performing such research. He said that the
most likely thing we can do is obtain feedback from customers about our methods
and how successful they are via surveys.
Based on the feedback I received,
this new market could be harder than initially thought. In terms of revenue and
everything, it would be more complicated and probably less profitable to do.
Also, as one interviewee pointed out, it could backfire on our customer base
who may lose trust in our company. This is against the ideals I want the
company to be based on.
However, I was surprised at what
the second one proposed, conducting surveys for feedback. Not only would this
be beneficial to the company in letting us know what we do right and wrong, but
it could also serve as some form of research to help learn about this
addiction. This way, we’d be able to benefit everyone without harming anyone.
Guillaume, I think that the idea to enter the new market of corporations and the government is bold. I can definitely see how it would be difficult as the scale difference between your current market and something like the government would be huge. But I will say that with the changes that are happening to healthcare in the US you may be able to find opportunities to be a contractor or partner to provide your services.
ReplyDelete