Assignment 3A
My
Entrepreneurship Story
My entrepreneurship story has to do with a friend of mine. In
high school in Miami, a trend started where it was “cool” to start creating
cloths and selling it. This meant creating your designs, production, marketing,
and everything else was being done by 10th graders. One of my
friends decided to follow this trend. He’s French, like me, so he created the
clothing called Le Gang Clothing. He developed a slogan, “Le Gang or no Gang”
and made some designs. It consisted of simple black and white t-shirts, with
the logo on the front and back of it. He started selling it in his high school
at first and sold out pretty quick on his first order. So he began increasing
the orders and started to generate more and more profit. I helped him one
summer with the handling of the all the stock and distribution, expanding the
network and taking it to new high schools. Later on, he branched off into
making hoodies with more colors. Sadly, he stopped production when he left for
college, but the experience he gained from Le Gang has helped him create
connections and know what it takes to be successful.
I chose this course for two reasons. First of all, I needed
classes that would lighten the burden of all the critical tracking courses of
finance. This semester was shaping to be rather intense and I needed to take
other classes that interested me. Secondly, I wanted to learn what it took to
be a successful entrepreneur and how to think like one, outside of the box. I
did not want to confine myself in the rigid principles of finance but instead
looked to expand my thought process into new areas.
That is a very cool Entrepreneurship story. It is very cool that you were able to get involved and see how to run a business. That is unfortunate that he stopped running it when he left for college. Maybe after college you guys could start a new company together. I also took this class to learn how to think like an entrepreneur. It is always good to look for classes outside of your specific major to see what interests you.
ReplyDeleteThat's a real interesting entrepreneurship story. To start an actual business in the 10th grade is just surprising. While I was playing school and selling candy bars, your friend was doing a whole business everyday. I understand why he stop, but if he ever get big or famous he should sell it again. Or just sign to a private label, until he get some clout to his brand.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI also had a friend who started his own clothing brand. He has gone on to make it a pretty well-known brand in the underground fashion and modeling world and even put on a couple of fashion shows. It is unfortunate that you guys couldn't keep the business going, but I think that it's always important to fail sometimes so you're able to learn and come out better because of it. I am also taking finance so I totally understand your choice to take this class.
ReplyDeleteI think it is still a trend to create clothes and sell it. It's sad to see that your friend did not continue his clothing brand once college started because it sounded like he had a legitimate business in the making.
ReplyDeleteMy cousin is currently in high school and he has done the same thing, where he created his own design and started selling T shirts and hoodies. It's crazy that you could start a business at such a young age with no prior experiences. It all starts with an idea and motivation to do it.